ITS is a systematic framework which can plan safe smooth and charming condition for street traffic. The essential component for ITS is communication innovation between street infrastructure and vehicle. ITS includes wide range remote and wireline communication based data. ITS use existing roadways more effectively to decrease congestion, delay, limit mishaps and enhance air quality. ITS give instruments to skilled transportation experts to gather and analyze the information about the execution of the system amid peak hours. In this manner, ITS is a global program expected to enhance surface transportation system through cutting edge innovations.
Advantages OF ITS
- Reduced surge hour congestion and stoppage.
- Increased protection and individual security.
- Time savings and operation efficiencies.
- Reduced fuel utilization and outflows.
- Improved customer benefit and diminished disappointment.
- Reduced street mishaps and upgraded economic profitability.
Characterization OF ITS
- Advanced Public Transportation System (APTS).
- Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS).
- Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS).
- Automated Highway System (AHS).
- Incident management system.
- Electronic Toll Collection System (ETC).
- Advanced Warning System (AWS).
- Vehicle Information and Communication System (VICS).
- Video transmission.
Advanced Traffic Management System
- Monitor the stream of traffic settling on suitable choice in a convenient way.
- Employs economical indicators, cameras and communication system to control the stream of traffic.
- Optimize signal timings on major arterials.
Automated Highway System
- AHS is an exceptionally prepared roadway path, where the vehicles are consequently controlled by the framework, not by the driver.
- The framework helps in keeping the vehicle on a similar path.
- The AHS paths and vehicles which work on them are probably going to have unique sensors, PCs and specialized gadgets to allow computerized control.
Incident management system
They offer continuous data about traffic conditions through solar powered variable message sign to caution mishaps or different stoppage.
Dynamic message sign is a board which gives data to the driver of the upcoming perils.
Enables specialists to distinguish and react to vehicle accidents or breakdowns with the most fitting and timely emergency services, in this way limiting healing time.
Here is how it Works:
This framework cautions the present accident to be caused when traffic backs off suddenly because of street conditions.
The data given to the driver when the vehicles come nearer either from front or back is passed on through AWS which helps in avoiding street crashes.
This framework is utilized for identifying unapproved vehicles on limited restricted corridors and parking zones.
Vehicles with speed infringement can be caught alongside registration numbers.
Need for using ITS
- Provides novel application by smart innovation.
- Systematically utilizes advanced technologies in the field of transportation to upgrade benefits for street visitors.
- Reduction in street crashes.
- Improves the current transportation benefits through interconnected implanted technologies.
- The capability of ITS advancements in enhancing the effectiveness of transportation segment seems to be exceptionally encouraging based on the experience of different nations.
- A national key ITS arrangement for a nation is required for the viable development and deployment.
- Some of the ITS technologies like armada management framework, mobile VMS signs, AWS, ETC; Incident management system can be connected to accomplish an effective transportation system.